B Nektar B Good 4 Summer!
May 11th, 2011
Inspired by B Nektar’s website we were!
…we were inspired to have many varieties of B. Nektar Meadery’s mead on our shelf and keep them coming.
…we are inspired to describe just what is this B. Nektar is and they do a pretty great job on their site describing their processes and flavors, so i’ll mostly leave that to them but know that I as a non-sweet wine drinker LOVE mead for its fun honey flavor and range of sweet to dry. Normally I will drink it after dinner as a sweet end to a hot day or evening, but check out this fun recipe that follows! Yum!
While trying to concoct our most recent batch of sangria for summer, we found this to be quite a charming and flavorful rendition of sangria. Splurge on a little B Nektar this summer. It’s local (Ferndale, MI) and it’s delicious and without further adieu…
B. Nektar Sangria!
Makes a little less than a gallon:
You will need:
- 2 bottles Wildberry Pyment B Nektar Mead
- 1 liter Ginger Ale – add more or less to taste
- 2-3 shots of Gin (Can use Vodka)
- 1 Large Orange
- 1 Large Lemon
- 1-2 Limes (use two if they are small)
- Mix Wildberry Pyment and Gin in a 1 gallon + container
- Wash and quarter all citrus and remove seeds
- Squeeze citrus into mixture and add to mixture (rinds and all)
- Refrigerate and let sit over night
- Add ginger ale to taste and serve (add right before serving to make sure it is bubbly)
Note: You can use club soda in place of the ginger ale. I have even added a tablespoon of honey or two with it.
I’ve never done this with Vodka, but if you hate gin, try vodka.