About Art of the Table:
Art of the Table is a specialty retailer situated in the Uptown Neighborhood in Grand Rapids. The store was opened in 2003 by Amy Ruis and her husband Steve, and has since become a beloved part of the Grand Rapids business community. We specialize in products for entertaining, including a unique range of food, libations, and table accessories. Our hope is to make the big and small moments of life more memorable.
Art of the Table is looking for a store associate to join our team! We carry a wide array of product, from craft beer & wine to gourmet food, table accessories, glassware, and more, so knowledge of these products, or a strong willingness to learn, is a must. Previous experience with beer or wine is a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Customers are our number one priority! Assisting customers includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing recommendations or suggestions based on your knowledge of product
- Assembling unique gift ideas to fit the customer’s needs and budget
- Taking custom orders and event inquiries
- Answering the phone
- Listening carefully to customer’s requests & creative problem solving
- Receiving, unpacking, and pricing new inventory
- Restocking shelves and coolers
- Maintaining store cleanliness at all times, including sweeping and mopping of floors, emptying trash and recycling
- Continuous standing, walking, bending, reaching, and carrying loads up to fifty pounds
- Possess extraordinary customer service skills
- Passionate about great food, beer, wine & cooking
- Have an ability to multi-task and rotate between many varied responsibilities
- Able to keep busy during non-peak hours
- Enjoy working as part of a team and collaborating professionally with colleagues and customers
- Have flexibility in your schedule, including availability on nights & weekends
- Have some related experience in equivalent retail or sales position
Art of the Table seeks excellence through diversity. Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Please complete the following employment application and send along with your resume to email@example.com.